Microsoft released the Visual Studio 2005 Service Pack 1 Update for Windows Vista a couple months ago, but with all the big news about Silverlight and Visual Studio Orcas, there's a good chance developers may not have noticed.
Contributor Ed Tittel recently penned a tip, Understanding the Visual Studio 2005 SP1 update for Windows Vista, that explained the release and highlighted three points of interest for the .NET developer.
In this podcast, site editor Brian Eastwood reads Tittel's tip. Why read aloud something that's easily seen on the screen? The idea is to give visitors of the site more than one way to consume and digest the information that's important to them. If this format proves successful, additional "tipcasts" will follow.
The link for out latest podcast appears below. To listen to it right now, left click on the link. To download it and save it for later, right click on it. https://cdn.ttgtmedia.com/audioCast/APP_DEVELOPMENT/AppDev_VB_vs_servicepack_for_vista_2007-06-28.mp3
After listening to this podcast, let us know what you thought.
More on this topic from SearchVB.com
- Reference: Visual Studio 2005 Learning Guide
- Reference: Developing for Windows Vista
- Podcast: .NET Development and Windows Vista
- Tip: Windows Vista development resources
- Tip: Looking into Visual Studio 2005 and its first Service Pack
More on this topic from Microsoft
- Download: Visual Studio 2005 Service Pack 1 Update for Windows Vista
- Reference: Visual Studio on Windows Vista
- Release notes: Visual Studio 2005 Service Pack 1 Update for Windows Vista