When I am trying to run my project (C# - Visual Studio 2003 - Windows XP), I am getting the following error:
"Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging."
I already added my login in "Debugger Users" group, but that doesn't seem to be enough. What am I missing?
I suspect you have either copied your project from another computer to this one or you have reinstalled IIS on this machine.
The problem is probably that IIS does not recognize your application. To correct you need to perform the following steps:
1. Open the IIS Manager.
2. Open the Default Web Site folder.
3. Navigate until you find your project directory. It will probably display a folder icon.
4. Right-Click on the folder and select Properties.
5. Notice the Application Settings, Application Name property will be grayed out (disabled).
6. Click <Create> and notice the application name is created for you.
7. Click OK.
8. You project should probably now debug as normal.
Dig Deeper on C# programming language
Related Q&A from Samuel Matzen
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.