By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
|Ajax Quickstart||Table of Contents|
- Learn what Ajax is all about (AjaxPatterns.org)
Not sure if Ajax is for you? This article covers what Ajax is, what it can offer you and other must know info.
- Why use Ajax (Interakt)
There are a lot of pros to using Ajax and there are some cons as well. This article helps you to decide if using Ajax would benefit you.
- What is Ajax? (YouTube)
Matt Dickman explains the basics of Ajax in this six minute YouTube clip.
- Ajax: Getting started (Mozilla)
This getting started guide walks you through the basics of how to make a HTTP request, how to handle the server response, and it also touches on the XML response.
- Should you use Ajax? (Eric's Weblog)
This blogger covers the pros and cons of using Ajax. Is Ajax right for you or your company? See what Eric Pascarello had to say.
- Places to use Ajax (SWiK)
This collaborative wiki list shares places it is useful to use Ajax.
- 10 things IT needs to know about Ajax (Network World)
Know what you should look out for when using Ajax -- security, network performance issues and more.
- A What is Ajax cheat sheet (slash7)
Amy Hoy created an easy to follow page to help Ajax newbies understand the fundamentals of Ajax.
|Microsoft "Atlas"||Table of Contents|
- Creating a customer view with Altas (Wahlin Consulting)
This Webcast helps to simplify XMLHTTP programming with ASP.NET Atlas.
- ASP.Net Atlas: Creating Client-based Web applications (AjaxWorld)
Here you will learn about the Atlas framework through development scenarios and sample Atlas-enabled Web applications.
- Atlas project (Scott Guthrie)
Scott Guthrie takes a look at where Atlas is today and where it is heading down the road. Buckle up; it looks like it could be a pleasant, but bumpy, ride.
|Ajax Downloads and Examples||Table of Contents|
- ASP.NET Ajax Control Toolkit (CodePlex)
Ajax Control Toolkit targets the official release of .NET Framework 3.5 and Visual Studio 2008.
- Microsoft Ajax Library 3.5 (Microsoft)
- VB code download home page (SearchWinDevelopment.com)
These VB code downloads cover all aspects of application development, from data binding to security to the user interface.
- View all of SearchWinDevelopment.com's content on Atlas.
|Ajax Articles||Table of Contents|
- Ajax ASP.NET components: Vendor roundtable -- Part 1 (SearchWinDevelopment.com)
With the AJAX tool market flourishing, SearchWinDevelopment.com enlisted the help of thought leaders in the ecosystem of Microsoft-related Ajax component providers to participate in a virtual roundtable.
- Ajax app testing now available in Parasoft WebKing (SearchWinDevelopment.com)
- Mainsoft introduces .NET-to-Java translation tool (SearchWinDevelopment.com)
Interop house Mainsoft announced Mainsoft for Java EE Version 2.2, an interoperability toolkit that translates .NET code into Java applications.
- .NET development in the trenches (SearchWinDevelopment.com)
Read user's stories of application migrations, upgrades and other projects that use emerging technology, such as ASP.NET Ajax and .NET 3.0.
- On Ajax performance issues (Ajaxian)
Coach Wei, of Nexaweb and Apache, has published a study of Ajax performance issues in browsers. Long story short -- performance improvements, particularly for Internet Explorer, would be nice.
- Ajax security holes and how to fill them (SearchWinDevelopment.com)
Along with improvements in UI and client-side programming, Ajax brings security issues. Here three experts identify Ajax security shortcomings and how to address them.
- Gaia Ajax Widgets adds controls, documentation (SearchWinDevelopment.com)
The open-source Ajax toolkit for ASP.NET 2.0 has additional controls, XML documentation and sample code in its latest quarterly release.
- Ajax security concerns you need to be aware of (SearchSoftwareQuality.com)
- Ajax performance issues: Everything old is new again (SearchSoftwareQuality.com)
Issues in Ajax performance can resemble issues encountered in traditional object-oriented development. Developers must still think about how they write every line of code.
- Oracle architect advocates agnostic Ajax approach (SearchWebServices.com)
There is a significant difference between the way Ajax applications are built at consumer companies typified by Google Inc. and what can be done in enterprise Web 2.0.
- Ajax-based wiki gets down to business (SearchSOA.com)
Startup delivers Ajax-based wiki collaboration applications to small and medium size businesses via Web services.
- View all of SearchWinDevelopment.com's news/articles on Ajax.
|Ajax Tutorials||Table of Contents|
- Your First Ajax Application (W3Schools.com)
In this tutorial, the writer creates a small Ajax application to help you understand how Ajax works.
- Create Ajax Dynamic Drop Down List using PHP - xajax (Ajax-Tutorials)
Here is step-by-step instructions on how to create related Parent - Child Ajax Dynamic Drop Down List Using xajax PHP library.
- Ajax - The Server-Side ASP Script (W3Schools.com)
Here you'll learn how to create the script that displays the current server time.
- Ajax tutorial (Sun Microsystems, Inc.)
In this tutorial, you'll see how to use DOJO and JavaServer Faces technology to include Ajax functionality in a custom component.
- Ajax Login (Ajax-Tutorials)
Learn how to create a simple login script that uses POST to send the username and password entered to a PHP document, which then queries a MySQL database for a match.
- AJAX Database Example (W3Schools.com)
In this Ajax example the writer demonstrates how a Web page can fetch information from a database using Ajax technology.
- Ajax using XMLHttpRequest and Struts (Ajax-Tutorials)
Here's some very basic examples of how to call and respond to the XMLHttpRequest object to access server side scripts from the client.
- Ajax Tutorial - Tutorial (Tizag.com)
This tutorial will introduce you to the basics of Ajax and show you how to send and receive data from a server without using a "Submit" button approach.
- Easy Ajax in Symfony (Symfony)
Symfony has Ajax helpers that simplify programming an elaborate interface. This tutorial shows you step-by-step how to create an Ajax-powered symfony application in minutes.
- Ajax Tutorial: A tale of two IFrames (Coding in Paradise)
Brad Neuberg, software inventor, engineer, and open source consultant, explains how to control your browsers history in this mini tutorial.
- Hands-on Ajax tutorial with Ajax examples (C-Point.com)
This example shows how to dynamically retrieve data from an XML file.
|Book Reviews & Chapter Downloads||Table of Contents|
- Book excerpt: Using the Ajax.NET Pro Library (SearchWinDevelopment.com)
- A brief history of Ajax (Real-World Ajax)
This book has a wealth of information on all things Ajax.
- Book excerpt: Ajax and the dynamic double combo (SearchWinDevelopment.com)
This chapter download demonstrates how to enhance HTML forms with Ajax to create double-combination linked lists.
- Book excerpt: Introduction to ASP.NET Ajax controls(SearchWinDevelopment.com)
This chapter examines the many controls within ASP.NET Ajax, from the all-important UpdatePanel to the validators possible through data binding.
- Beginning ASP.NET 2.0: Develop a one-page Web application (SearchWinDevelopment.com)
See how to use ASP.NET 2.0 and Visual Studio 2005 to build Web applications in this book excerpt.
- Ajax Security -- Chapter 6, Transparency in Ajax applications (SearchSoftwareQuality.com)
Learn how to prevent Ajax-related security vulnerabilities.
- View all of the .NET development chapter downloads that are available through