Looking for something else?
Today's workers are not tethered to the office. Some spend much time in the field; others work at home or at a branch office many miles away. This boosts convenience and morale, but with such a large distributed network, it can wreak havoc on application performance.
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
NewsFactor Magazine Online recently published Seven Ways to Boost Application Performance, a set of hints for enterprise developers and architects. The major lesson here is that bandwidth isn't everything.
Here, in brief, are the article's seven hints.
- Emulate WAN (wide-area network) conditions.
- Study the traffic on your network.
- Put a terminal server in place.
- Invest in WAN optimization or app acceleration technology.
- Take a look at the apps on your server.
- Upgrade to MPLS (Multiprotocol Label Switching).
- Don't wait for information to come to you.
For more details, read the article in its entirety.