Sure, getting hold of the data in your applications takes lots of design and implementation work to get things...
just right. But nothing counts as much in the eyes of your users as the way that data is packaged and presented -- not to mention sliced and diced, analyzed and dissected, and then splashed onto a display -- for viewing and understanding.
That's where Software FX's great collection of Chart FX tools for the .NET environment come into play. This company offers an award winning (and sizable) collection of offerings designed to enhance and extend .NET applications, particularly those created within the Visual Studio environment, including the following:
- ChartFX for Visual Studio 2005: This is a complete package that integrates tightly with Visual Studio to provide support for smart tags, data wizards, themes, DHTML and Ajax rendering engines, the largest collection of charts and graphs available from Software FX, and more. Web forms component license for unlimited CPUs, free Windows Forms component license and limited royalty-free distribution, and more. (MSRP: $2,699-2,999; higher price includes one year of priority support)
- ChartFX for .NET: This provides support for both .NET Windows Forms and Web Forms applications. Like ChartFX for VS 2005, this package also includes OLAP tools, highlighting, statistical analysis, axis sections, conditional attributes, and other advanced data selection and display features. (MSRP: $2,699-2,999)
- ChartFX Gauges: This provides a set of .NET components for incorporating gauges of many kinds (radial, linear, panel, real-time and Ajax-based) into client-server and Web-based applications; the product serves as an add-on to existing ChartFX products for digital dashboards and other gauge-based applications. (MSRP: $599)
- ChartFX Exensions Packs are available for financial, OLAP, statistical, and map-based applications. These make components included in the first two comprehensive packages available on an a la carte basis. (MSRP: $1499, $999 per additional server, $599 per additional seat)
- Chart FX for Reporting Services: This provide more than 20 types of charts, including radial, horizontal, vertical, digital meters, and LED panel gauges, along with customizable legends, color palettes, customizable axes and controls, background images, border objects and more. All are designed to create great looking charts and displays quickly and effectively. (MSRP $899, $499 per additional designer seat)
- Pocket Chart for .NET: This provides charting components specifically designed for Microsoft mobile platforms and environments -- PDAs, smart phones, Pocket PCs, and so forth. (MSRP: $599, $399 for 25 additional developer licenses)
- ChartFX Lite for ASP.NET: This is designed to supplement ASP.NET with a broad but basic selection of charting and display tools -- pre-fab line charts, bar charts, scatter charts, pie charts, area plots, and more -- for use with Web Forms and ASP.NET applications. (MSRP: $149)
- ChartFX Lite for .NET: This is designed to supplement .NET with a broad but basic selection of charting and display tools -- pre-fab line charts, bar charts, scatter charts, pie charts, area plots, and more -- for use with Windows Forms or C# Builder applications. (MSRP: Free)
- ChartFX Developer Studio: This provides development-only, non-expiring charting solutions for .NET, .COM and Java environments that supports the full current Chart FX product line as a way to extend applications built for one environment (.NET for core readers of this Web site) into other environments at low cost. (MSRP: $499)
Those interested in digging further into this outstanding collection of capabilities can start by downloading and fooling around with the free ChartFX Lite for .NET. We can't help but think you'll be impressed enough to go to bat for the more capable for-a-fee commercial versions once you get a taste of what these tools can do. Check them out online at https://www.softwarefx.com/SfxNetProducts/.
Ed Tittel is a writer and trainer whose interests include XML and development topics, along with IT Certification and information security. E-mail email@example.com with comments, questions, or suggested topics or tools to review. Cool tools rule!