By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
|Keynote: The past, present and future of data access|
- .NET data access presents opportunities, challenges
Rockford Lhotka highlights Microsoft's upcoming Language Integrated Query and offered hints for confronting changes to ADO.NET.
- Membership and security in ASP.NET apps
The ASP.NET track at the recent VSLive show offered developers much advice on keeping malicious users out of their Web applications. This work extends beyond preventive code to encompass testing, detection and management.
- ASP.NET AJAX extensions employ JSON serializer (TheServerSide.NET)
Among useful traits in ASP.NET AJAX Extensions (formerly Atlas) and the associated tool kit are improved Web service proxy handling and JSON-based serialization, PluralSight's Fritz Onion said at VSLive 2006 in Boston.
|Smart Client Track|
- Getting the most out of smart client apps
Performance is everything, and though there is no silver bullet for making an application go faster, there are many best practices for improving performance.
|Additional resources from SearchVB.com|
- Learning Guide: ASP.NET 2.0
- Learning Guide: ASP to ASP.NET Migration
- Tip: Migrate from ASP.NET 1.x to ASP.NET 2.0 in five steps
- Tip: ASP.NET 2.0 provides cleaner, developer-friendly coding
- Featured Topic: Smart client development
- Learning Guide: Visual Studio 2005 Tools for Office
- Tip: Views on building .NET smart clients