The Atlas framework includes:
- An object model.
- Statement completion .
- Debugging to speed development processes.
- Automatic browser compatibility.
- Rich user interface controls, such as auto-complete textboxes, popup panels, animation, and drag and drop.
- Asynchronous calls to Web services.
- A network stack that simplifies server connectivity and web services access.
- A base class library that includes common features like rich string manipulation, timers, and running tasks.
- A user interface framework that allows attachment of dynamic behaviors to HTML across browsers, addressing differing scripting behaviors found with cross-browser usage.
Atlas offers the same development platform for client-based web pages that ASP.NET offers for server-based pages, with full integration of server-based services. Significant portions of application processing are moved to the client while communication with the server is maintained in the background.