The Debugger Users Group is controlled by the operating system, not Visual Studio .NET. Here's the steps for Windows XP. The different OSes may be a little different, but not by much.
- Right click on My Computer.
- Select Manage from the pop-up menu.
- In the Computer Management console, click on Local Users and Groups item in the tree.
- Click on the Groups folder.
- Double click on the Debugger Users Group.
- In the Debugger Users Property page, click the Add button.
- Add your login account in the "Enter object names to select" edit control.
- Click OK.
- Click OK again.
- Close the Computer Management console.
If you do not have a Debugger Users group, that means you have not installed either Visual Studio .NET or the Remote Debugging Components on that machine.
This was first published in April 2004