I'm very new to Visual Studio .NET. When I tried to use Web Forms, I did not get anything correct. I searched Microsoft's Web site and I got a solution of "aspnet_regiis." I tried it, but I still am getting a messages like:
- "Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the Web server. Server side-error occurred on sending debug HTTP request."
- "Make sure the server is operating correctly. Verify there are no syntax errors in web.config by doing a Debug.Start without debugging. You may also want to refer to the ASP.NET and ATL Server debugging topic in the online documentation."
- "Would you like to disable future attempts to debug ASP.NET pages for this project?"
When I tried to run, after clicking on the yes button, I get the following errors:
- "Server application unavailable"
- "The Web application you are attempting to access on this Web server is currently unavailable. Please hit the 'Refresh' button in your Web browser to retry your request."
- "Administrator note: An error message detailing the cause of this specific request failure can be found in the system event log of the Web server. Please review this log entry to discover what caused this error to occur."
It sure sounds like you don't have Internet Information Services (IIS) running on the server machine. I once spent 45 minutes wondering why an application wouldn't run on Windows XP when it finally dawned on me that I'd forgotten to install IIS as part of the setup!
If you are sure you have IIS installed, go to the IIS MMC, right click on the IIS node, and from the context menu select restart IIS to ensure it's started.
Related Q&A from John Robbins
What is a JAD session? This term is referred to often in job postings and seems like some kind of brainstorm you carry out with a client to define IT...continue reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.